6.04.2009

Protect your kids this summer

With small children and the increasing talk of skin cancer, I decided that “sun protection” swimming suits were best this year. I found some at Target that are listed as UPF* 50+. They are relatively inexpensive. I’m sure other places carry them, as I’ve found them online, but at a much higher price. They have shirts and trunks or bikini bottoms for older boys and girls and as well as bathing suits, shirts, trunks and hats for baby girls and boys. I think we’ll use sunscreen in addition to these items to make sure there are no burns. *From Wikipedia: “A relatively new rating designation for sun protective textiles and clothing is UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor). Unlike SPF (Sun Protection Factor) that measures only UVB, UPF measures both UVA and UVB.”

No comments:

Post a Comment