6.14.2009

Grocery Shopping Hints

Save time and money at the grocery store by checking out the Sunday newspaper coupons and circulars and making a grocery list. List: I keep an ongoing grocery list on my refrigerator at all times so I don’t forget an important item. (If it’s not on the list, I usually don’t buy it!) For my list, I divide it into sections of the store. So, I write items at the top that I will purchase first, and then down from there. The bottom of the list is the fresh fruits and vegetables, which I purchase last. It really helps with shopping and marking off the list when you don’t have to hunt the entire list each time you go down a new aisle. Coupons: Clipping coupons from the newspaper inserts has saved me some money over the years. I only clip the ones that are for items I usually purchase anyway, so I’m not buying something just to use the coupon. Some stores will double or triple the coupons, too. Also, before leaving for the store, I sort my coupons and pull out the ones for items I know I will be getting. Then I put them in the order I will come to them in the store – like my grocery list. It keeps everything going faster that way! Store Circulars: I make it a habit to know the general amount of the items I buy most often. Since Wal-Mart will match competitor’s prices, I scan the other store circulars each week to see if there are any “good deals”. Occasionally, other stores will run items that are a better price and I have a coupon – then it’s a great day for shopping! Wal-Mart will not honor “Buy one get one free” coupons, but most others that I find. Happy Shopping by Saving Time and Money!

1 comment:

  1. I do the exact same thing and make my grocery list out in order of the store. But...I shop at the Target in Montgomery Plaza and they changed the entire layout of the store the other day!!! AHHHH!! I had the old layout memorized! It'll take me awhile to get my list in the proper order again:(

    Love your tips!

    ReplyDelete